Hi, I’m Mindy from Budget Fairy Tale & Inspired By Dis! Renee and I met on the internet when she helped me reach my goal of attending Camp Mighty, and now I consider her one of my closest friends. The Internet is magic, people. Today I’m excited to be guest posting on That Bride’s Got Moxie while Renee is off enjoying her honeymoon (color me jealous)! I’m expecting a little bottle of Jamaican Rum as a thank you gift.
Speaking of honeymoons, one subject that I write about a lot on my blog is Disney weddings and honeymoons. I know for a lot of adults, the word Disney conjures up images of never ending queues and overpriced stuffed animals. But for some adults, it reminds of them of carefree childhood vacations and happily ever after. I am one of those adults, and I’m not alone. Every year, thousands of couples either get married, honeymoon, or both, at a Disney Resort. I married my husband at The Disneyland Hotel in 2012 and I wouldn’t have changed a single thing about our wonderful wedding day. Today I’m sharing a little bit of that Disney magic with the That Bride’s Got Moxie readers. Here are my 5 reasons you should consider a Disney wedding or honeymoon.
1. Disney is all about making dreams come true. You know that saying, “If you can dream it, you can do it?” Well, Walt never actually said that but the saying is true when it comes to Disney weddings. The Disney Fairy Tale Weddings team will do whatever they can to make your dream wedding a reality. And I know a lot of you are wondering about costs right now. Yes, Disney can be a little pricey! But wedding packages start at $5,000 for Disneyland in California and just under $5,000 for Walt Disney World in Florida (pricing as of early 2014). We found that having a Disney wedding was comparable to having a wedding at a nice hotel in Los Angeles where we live. And Disney is a great place to honeymoon as well. When you’re wearing your “Just Married” pins and Bride and Groom Mickey Ear hats around the parks on your honeymoon, be prepared for some VIP attention!
2. You can have Mickey and Minnie come to your wedding. We did, and it was the best part of our wedding (aside from the lifelong commitment stuff, yada yada). A wedding on a Disney property is the only place where you can have the REAL Mickey and Minnie make an appearance at your reception. And if you think this is something only little kids would enjoy, YOU ARE WRONG. All of the gown-ups at our wedding, nearly 60 guests, lost their minds when the Mickey Mouse Club March started playing.
3. Disney Resort hotel pools. What’s a honeymoon without spending a little time poolside? Disney honeymoons are no exception. Most hotels have pool areas big enough to stake out a spot far from any screaming children (except for the busiest of days), and most have poolside food and drink service. In the days after our wedding, we spent each morning reading and sipping Mai Tais by the pool and then went into the theme parks in the afternoon/evening. And the pool area atmosphere music is usually some kind of mellow Disney instrumental. If you’re into that sort of thing, which I totally am.
4. Disney Resorts have the best bars. Okay, maybe I’m starting to sound a little like an alcoholic, but it’s your honeymoon so you are allowed to indulge a little. If you’re into adult beverages, Disney has some fantastic bars. The Disneyland Hotel has the new Trader Sam’s tiki bar, serving up fun drinks and interactive décor. At Walt Disney World’s EPCOT, you can go Drinking Around the World by having a drink in each of the 11 country pavilions (NOT for those with weak stomachs)!
5. Cake. It’s a universal fact that Disney makes the BEST cakes and desserts. If you visit a Disney Resort for your honeymoon, just call the hotel and ask about special ordering a small cake to enjoy during your visit. You could even have it decorated to match your wedding cake!
I want to thank Renee for having me on That Bride’s Got Moxie today! I would love if you all stopped by my blogs and said “hello.”
Budget Fairy Tale features musings about my life as a regular girl trying to live the fairy tale lifestyle. Budget Fairy Tale also features Disneyland weddings (including our own!), Disneyland news, DIY projects, style posts, pictures of Pomeranians, and whatever I feel like rambling about.
Inspired By Dis is your daily dose of Disney for adults. I showcase Disney weddings, Disney parties, Disney fashion, Disney DIY, Disney food, and breaking Disney news. Disney Disney Disney, Disney Disney. And Disney.
Have a magical day!